Thursday, January 1, 2009

WOW I'm a slacker!

Holy Cow I have alot of catching up to do. Im going to try to cram 3 weeks into one post.

First on the 17-20 I went with the basketball team down to Anaheim for a tourney. What was supposed to be a 5 hour trip ended up taking 31 or so hours!! 10 of those hour being stuck on i-15 in Victorville in the snow! It took 10 hours to go 4 miles. We took the school vans and the boys had snowball wars between the 2. The first 3 hours was fun but after that we were ready to get off the freeway but due to the snow, trucks jackknifed and the freeway being shut down there was no where for us to go. We call around trying to get hotel rooms but everyone else had the same idea and they were all booked. Thanks to my aunts friends who was willing to take in 13 high school kind and 4 adults. We had warm beds an amazing breakfast and the boys had places to plug in their cellphones and didnt have to sleep in the vans. Ben Sharon Alice & Eddie were awesome. Thanks so much.





Than we had Christmas eve and Brandons Parents house. We had a good dinner and the kids sang jingle bells. It was way cute. We stayed at our house that night and got up and went to my parents house for breakfast.




Every year Christmas morning is a big deal at my parents house. We all look forward to it all year long. My Mom makes sausage fondue and ebelskivers ( see picture below to see what they look like) they are amazing. Thanks mom and Grandma for all the hard work to make this such a special morning.








And then on Monday was my birthday and it started out with a freezing cold shower and so I called to get my water heater fixed at 7:30am and went on with my day thinking I would get a call back. My sisters and I went to St. George shopping and I everything on my list which NEVER happens. Then we went to Brandon Basketball game because the team had another tourney and we got home at about 4:00. My sister in law and nephews came to visit me and Kenzie went into my laundry room and found it flooded!! At this point I still hadnt heard anything back on getting my water heater fixed and now it was all over the place. So I called my home warranty company back and found out that no one could come fix it until Tuesday sometime in the afternoon maybe not until 5! I wasnt to happy but we got thru it and now I got a new water heater and I get to deal with the hassle of getting my laundry floor and walls repaired. Happy Birthday to me!!

10 comments:

Lorilee said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Go see my blog because there is a little birthday surprise for you. I LOVE ebelskivers and I am jealous. I keep asking Carl for an ebelskiver pan and he thinks I am making it up. he is so not a believer in ebelskivers. They always remind me of your mom and aunt Jenette. Love you.

Greta said...

Happy Birthday! I am totally bad, I don't remember anyone birthdays. I do good to get Tom's and the girls right. Sorry you had a terrible birthday. We all need one of those to appreciate the other great birthdays. Love you.

Lisa said...

haha hey we have those too! yeah for danish ancestors! i'll consider myself a sister. i thought the cold shower was just your sister doin that didnt know it was your water heater. that stinks. we're in the same boat now we're remodeling the front room because of all the snow melting it leaked through the fire place and down the front room walls... so yeah for remodeling.

Ben and Taryn said...

That's too bad things were all cold and wet on your birthday. Christmas was really fun. It was nice to see you guys. Love ya tons!!

Jaden and Stacy said...

Wow I have missed a lot! I looked at your last like 5 blogs and realized I hadn't seen any of them! I totally forgot that brandon was getting married, so weird. I am so happy for him though. You should have gotten a hold of me while you were up here in Salt lake! I'm sad that I missed you! I can't believe you have been married 4 years! crazy! I take it you are still in Overton? So I noticed that it was your birthday! Happy Birthday! How old are you know? 20! lol! I'm just kidding. You still look like you are in high school, you never change girl! I'm glad I looked at your blog, I've missed your life. SO when are you two going to have some little ones? I'm so excited I am due in March. I am so big! in case you haven't looked at my blog you should see how HUGE I am! Like a house! lol! Anyways I miss ya and I'll talk to ya later!

Keshia Phill said...

Oh My Gosh!!! What a crappy birthday!? I am sorry! It looked like you had a good Christmas though!

Lanier Household Creations said...

Happy belated birthday! That stinks about the water heater! Cold showers are the worst! And then the flood...I'm sorry to hear about that! My email address is laniercreations@gmail.com. When ever you can send the picture would be great! Hope all is well!

Marie said...

Sorry about the birthday present, but at least it will give you a story you'll never forget (as will the basketball trip!). Christmas morning looks like a lot of fun. Nate and I made ebelskivers last Christmas morning for the first time, but they took so long that we've decided that they're great for other mornings. (I have to keep Christmas simple or I lose my mind!).

Jaden and Stacy said...

Hey I need your address. I would have just called you but realized i don't have your number... so if I could get your address I would appreciate it! thanks girl!

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Happy LATE Birthday! I only know what ebelskivers are because my brother in laws family makes those things.